Wednesday, February 18, 2004

no talking, no driving too fast

This bothers me: there are people out there who drive too fast in the snow, crash their cars, and don't admit it was their fault. I met a guy today who spun into a ditch when he tried to pass a truck that was going 45 in bad weather - when the left lane hadn't been plowed! He tried to go 55 in an un-plowed lane! He's lucky he didn't hit the truck. Cause and effect, dude.

This weekend Matt and I went to see "The Triplettes of Belleville." I can't put my finger on what it reminded me of. I've been trying to think of it for days now. When I was a kid, did I watch a lot of cartoons with no talking? Did anyone else ever see one called "The Point," where there are a bunch of cartoons with round heads and one with a pointed head (or maybe the other way around), and the round-heads don't like the pointed-head, and then the conflict is resolved in some sort of heartwarming way? I am pretty sure that had no talking.

np: Things in Herds : "People Trap"

No comments: