Sunday, February 01, 2004

How come I keep dreaming about Matt

Boy, am I a power dreamer lately. Last night:

The house that we are going to go look at and maybe rent today turns out to be excellent. It has a huge basement and tons of space, and it's very pretty.

Then I fly my airplane (bear with me here) to go see Spalding Grey (who has recently returned from his disappearance). On the way back a girl wants to ride with me, so I let her. But we start off going the wrong way, so we land, figure out which way is west, and are about to take off again when the girl turns into Matt and takes off without me. He flies the plane around for a while, and the lights on it start to resemble the Space Invader shapes, because he doesn't know how to fly or land a plane and it's getting all busted up. I watch, terrified, as he breaks and crashes my airplane. (I don't know how you can break an airplane while you're in the air still and you haven't run into anything, but this is just a dream.) Then I'm stranded, because I flew my airplane instead of driving, and Matt crashed it. Matt comes out without a scratch, though, and he doesn't get that I'm angry with him.

No comments: