Friday, January 09, 2004

I'd Help Dean, But He's All the Way Over There

P. just left for a Dean Weekend in Iowa. Now, the truth is: P. wanted company and asked me to come, and I like Dean, but I didn't come along. Why? I just want to stay home. It's nice here. I don't have to sleep in a sleeping bag and eat cold sandwiches when I could be sleeping in a bed and eating hot, delicious rice-and-vegetables. But here's something, Dean: when you need me here in Illinois, I'll be around.

I finished writing my first-ever conference paper today, which pretty much makes me a real live scientist. P. thinks I need to write an article that goes in an actual journal, and the 2004 Proceedings of So-and-So don't cut it. I think that an article will make me more scientific, but the damage has already been done. You be the judge.

I had a clever idea for a salad, of the kind that can be eaten with pita bread. We'll see how it goes.

not playing now, but playing previously: The Delgados - "Accused of Stealing"

No comments: