Saturday, January 31, 2004

7 fat years, 7 lean years

Last night I had two dreams. In the first one, I was in prison with Pinky, and there was a prison guard. Those were the only people in the dream. The guard wouldn't tell me why I was in prison, he just kept giving me a guilt talk along these lines: "Oh, I think you know why you're here. I bet your family's worried about you. But you can't call them. Because you're in prison. Now you stay in this room full of bunk beds and think about what you've done."

In the second dream, Matt bought a cell phone. He didn't sign up for a plan or anything, he just bought the phone. I was angry because we were supposed to sign up for one of those share-minutes plans and get rebates on the phones, but there he went buying a phone for no good reason, when he can't even use it.

The night before last I had a dream in which I was trying to adopt a kid, but there was also an old lady that wanted to adopt the same kid. So a bus full of people including me and the kid went over to the old lady's house. It turned out she didn't have a house, she lived under a bridge. Then all the people went over to my house, which was some sort of twentysomething condo where I lived with Matt. The kid picked me and we lived happily ever after, and then my mom asked me what happened to that necklace I used to have (which is actually a necklace that doesn't exist in real life).

No comments: