Monday, July 20, 2009

I got a new gi

My new gi is one of those super-light Vulkan ones. I've only worn it a couple of times, but I like it a lot. It really is soft and light, and it's going to be great for summer training. It's slightly bigger than I'd like -- mostly it's just that the sleeves are too long -- but that's fine, I'll have the Atama women's gi to compete in. My favorite thing about the Vulkan is the pants. They're not too short! They're not too wide! The drawstring is a delightfully effective implementation of pants-closing technology!

Moving and its related responsibilities have kept me away from the mat more than I wanted in the past few weeks, but I think I've settled on a sustainable sports schedule. BJJ 3 times a week, biking to work 3 times a week (non-BJJ weekdays only, for scheduling reasons), and strength training at the Lady Gym twice a week. It sounds like a lot, but it feels like a light schedule compared to when I was also trying to work in that boxing class. It helps that I'm getting more used to the cycling, too.

No comments: