Saturday, July 18, 2009

Hey wow

I don't want to speak too soon, but I think I've finally gotten used to the biking. I biked to work yesterday (and back, of course), and I was not exhausted afterward! I was tired, but I was still capable of doing things like cooking dinner and hanging out.

The bike still needs some adjusting so it will fit better (I feel like the handlebars are too far away). But yesterday any soreness I had was from that, not from the actual exercise of biking. Maybe that means I should dial up the effort a bit, now that I've settled in. I would like to work on getting faster.

My parents are in town and we've been talking about wedding stuff. At the risk of cross-pollinating with the Other Blog, I will tell you what's up. First, I had ordered some sample invitations from Saima Says Design. They arrived, and were awesome. Second, Mom and I started talking about where and how to plan the mehndi party (my mom gets to be in charge of it). It will be extremely fun, but difficult because we don't have a house locally. We're thinking of getting a B&B for the day instead. That would be exactly the kind of living room environment we need. Alternatively, I bet we could ask a hotel to set up a meeting room with couches and coffee tables instead of the usual conference chairs.

No comments: