Wednesday, March 25, 2009

to the gun show

I'm in Boston right now, at the end of an apartment-hunting trip for my new job. I've been staying with A., who took me with her to a very nice gym. It was only for women! It was pretty and clean! It had all kinds of classes and things that you can go to, but which I probably would not have time for.

What we did was better than classes, anyway. After running for a half hour, we lifted weights! It is so much better to do that with a buddy. Weight lifting is boring, except that afterward you have more muscles. I would like to have those. And y'know, I'm glad there were only women there, because I was a lot more comfortable not knowing what I was doing without the stereotypical Gym Guys of my university hanging around. And now I know what I am doing, so I can go back to school and not feel weird.

No comments: