Thursday, March 20, 2008

avgolemono

I made Greek-style egg lemon soup today. I used vegetable broth instead of chicken, of course, and I added some chopped green onions. I also had a higher egg-to-broth ratio than that recipe calls for, because I like it to be really thick. It was delicious! I think I would have liked it with more orzo, but I am the kind of person who likes it when lentil-barley soup turns into just lentil-barley after a day in the fridge because there is so much barley all the broth gets soaked up. I also had artichokes with lemon-butter-garlic sauce. It was a very lemony dinner.

I'd put up a picture, but my camera is broken. Looks like the camera I want is coming down in price, though, so maybe I will get it before I go to the Mundial. I'm pretty excited about that and I'd love to be able to take pictures.

No comments: