Thursday, June 26, 2008

Frankendinner

Tonight I cooked something kind of like this, except that I didn't have enough chickpeas so I added some black beans. And I realized halfway through that I didn't have any ginger, so the ginger-garlic-chili paste is just.... garlic. I looked up a chana masala recipe on the internet because I didn't think I had any, but after I started cooking I discovered that my future roommate had brought some with her kitchen stuff. Then I realized I had some green beans that needed to be eaten, so I threw those in near the end.

It might not be aloo chole anymore (maybe it is aloo chole hare kale beans), but it is really, really delicious. It's not chili, but it could totally win a chili cook-off anyway because it is category-defyingly good.

2 comments:

Feanil said...

No Pictures?

Unknown said...

It looks kind of like pav bhaji but lumpier. And with a higher percentage of potatoes.