Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I'm back

I have abandoned this blog recently because I was pretty busy doing this:


But let me tell you what's been going on! We also bought a house....

...which has a beautiful kitchen...

...in which we've been cooking some delicious inventions to put in our awesome new Mr. Bento lunchboxes.

All it takes to make packing lunch fun is to have an exciting lunchbox.

I suppose it also helps to have exciting ingredients. This week I invented a very tasty thai-ish flavored chickpea salad. It had tomatoes, cilantro, green onions, young coconut (the soft kind), chickpeas, and a chili-garlic-lime-ginger dressing. I am really into bean salads because they're so satisfying, easy, and healthy for ladies who are going to big jiujitsu tournaments in a month like I am.

I've also got this dining room set, which used to be kind of grungy-looking white (it's ok to be grungy-looking if you were painted white several decades ago).

I'm going to lacquer it black, with cream and limey/grassy green accents, to go with our kitchen's black lacquer. I think it won't be too dark because the top of the table is glass, the seats of the chairs are upholstered, and the cabinet doors have panels where I can paint or stencil a cream & green image to lighten it up.

No comments: