Monday, December 01, 2003

Unholiday

Here is a blurry picture of my 3-foot-tall wobbly christmas tree with colored lightbulbs for ornaments. Is it wrong for me to like celebrating Christmas even if I'm not Christian myself? I sure do like brightly colored things, trees in my house, cookies, and presents. It's not like the Christians had those things first. Maybe in 20 years or so when they get the first non-experimental fusion plant online I can start celebrating Fusion Day. But on the same day as Christmas. The point will be to conspicuously consume a lot of electricity by baking cookies and putting lights on things. Also, it won't hurt to give people electronic presents. Or presents in general.

I think I'm one of the only people out there who genuinely thinks science is romantic. Well, me and the Flaming Lips.

No comments: